Bible Journalling Retreat 4-7th February 2020 at Whitchester Guesthouse near Hawick
It’s sometimes hard to find time for peaceful, prayerful creativity in every day life. Come and enjoy a spacious retreat with plenty of time in beautiful surroundings.
The retreat will include:
- lots of time for relaxing with God and enjoying creative Bible journalling together and alone
- demonstrations of different approaches and techniques for Bible journalling
- Studies to take you through the book of Ruth
- A short talk about journalling with Ruth: “He will renew your life” (Ruth 4:15)
- Your own journal to decorate and personalise
- A craft room full of materials for you to use on the retreat
- The Bible Journalling UK shop where you can get supplies to take home. Prices start at £2
- A session on how to run a Bible Journalling group where you live
The retreat is primarily aimed at those who are already into creative Bible journalling, though beginners would be welcome too. The sessions will cover the background to the book of Ruth, different journalling techniques and how to lead a journalling group, as well as lots of free time. All sessions are optional.
The retreat will run from teatime on Tuesday 4th February 2020, departing after breakfast on the morning of Friday 7th Feb at the Whitchester Christian Guesthouse near Hawick in the Scottish Borders. We will have sole use of the building including:
- single occupancy bedrooms with ensuite shower rooms
- a bright conservatory with views across the lawn
- comfortable sitting room
- craft room
- beautiful grounds with woodland prayer walk
The cost is £360 per person. This includes your own en-suite room and full board with morning coffee and afternoon tea. It also includes all materials: a craft room full of creative supplies to use at the retreat and a personalised pack of study notes and journalling materials on the themes in Ruth for you to use and take home. Just bring your own Bible.
See the Whitchester website for directions and public transport options.